Wednesday, September 8, 2010

that time i forgot...

So I haven't had a single blog post since this class started at the end of August. Oops.

Here's the plan:

I'm working with the Santa Rosa Arts and Culture Foundation on publications. The most current is a playbill for "Family Reunion." It's going to be a quick project because the play is the first weekend in October and they just asked me to work on it Friday, September 3. After I finish this project, I'll be working on publications for the Dragonfly Gallery and the SRACF in general. They also asked me to help with the website on the side, although what I do with it is very limited because they are very attached to the colors and layout.


This is going to be a long term thing as in I'll be continuing on with them after I graduate. I think it's exciting because I really would like to help promote the arts in Santa Rosa County.

I am also working with the Santa Rosa Rollergirls, a local roller derby team in Milton. I used to skate with them and I am now their current Creative Director. Since they just started up, they haven't exactly told me everything that entails. I did a program for their bout in July and a few recruitment posters in May but other than that, I haven't had much to do. Things should start picking up around October with the possibility of a Halloween themed bout. This is also a long term deal and I'll still be working with them after I graduate as well.

Other than that I'll have a lot of projects for my other classes: Advertising Strategy and Tactics & Publication Design. I'll try to remember to post projects on the blog for everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment